Lok Jagruti Kendra (LJK) is a public charitable Trust registered under the Bombay Public Trust Act 1950 vide registration number F/732/Ahmedabad Dated 29/4/1980 and Societies Registration Act , 1860 vide registration number GUJ/725/Ahmedabad dated 28/4/1980
LJK aims to develop its students into complete citizens who, not only have subject knowledge & skill but also have empathy towards various social, cultural, environmental and other such issues affecting our society.
LJ Group of Institutes runs a number of institutes offering diverse range of programmes like diploma, undergraduate, postgraduate and professional courses. It functions from two campuses in Ahmedabad, with over 500 well-qualified and experienced faculties to train over 10000 students.
The founder Members of the trust were
1. Padma Bhushan, Lord Meghnad Desai- London School of Economics, U.K.
2. Prof. Gautam Appa- London School of Economics, U.K.
3. Late Prof. M.S. Trivedi-Ex-Vice Chancellor, South Gujarat University, Surat
4. Shri Girish C. Patel-LLB (Harvard)-Senior Counsel & eminent Jurist, Gujarat High Court
5. Prin. B.M. Peerzada-Eminent Economist and Ex-Dean, Commerce Faculty, Gujarat University
6. Shri Girish B. Patel-Chartered Accountant
7. Shri Subodhbhai Shah-Businessman
Presently the Executive Committee has the following members:
1. Prof. B.M. Peerzada - President
2. Dr. Manish .D.Shah - Vice President
3. Shri Subodh J Shah - Secretary
4. Shri Shameembhai A Peerzada- Join Secretary